SIT314/SIT729 – Task 2.2C
Mini Project: Prototype IoT Application
The IoT device landscape encompasses ‘things’ that are end-user devices, network devices and cloud devices.
In this task, you are required to Prototype an IoT application/solution that uses the three device categories. This means that your prototype should make use of:
Copyright By cscodehelp代写 加微信 cscodehelp
a) anend-userdevice b) anetworkdevice c) a cloud device
You should produce a prototype based on your design.
You can use single board computers such as Arduinos, Raspberri Pis, etc as well as off-the-shelf devices such as mobile phones, tablets or even your laptops. You also have the option to simulate devices (e.g.: instead of a physical device sensing the environment, you can use a script to generate random values).
For prototyping cloud devices, you can use any existing free cloud service such as Google Maps, plot.ly, IBM Watson etc.
For instance, you can connect your smartphone/simulated device to a free cloud service and use the cloud service to visualize sensor readings such as GPS and acceleration.
Here are two examples: (you are not restricted to following these examples!)
• Connect a temperature sensor to your Arduino (representing an end user device) and
use it to collect sensor data. Connect the Arduino (e.g., via USB) to your internet connected laptop (representing a network device). Relay the sensor data to the laptop, and then upload them to plot.ly (representing cloud services/devices). The data upload part can be manual and does not need to be real time at this point – that is, you can collect sensor data on a data logger module on the Arduino, and then copy that data manually to your laptop, then manually upload them to the cloud.
• Use your smartphone (representing an end user device) to collect GPS data. Then upload the collected GPS logs to an online GPS visualizing service (representing cloud services/devices).
a. Read the concepts & recommended readings introduced in Week 2 b. Completethedesigninthe2.1Passtask.
c. Read the task instructions
Your task submission should include:
• A report (maximum 2-pages) describing your prototype, including explaining the purpose of your prototype, describing how your prototype functions/performs with the code you have developed, and identify the limitations and possible extensions of your mini project.
• Demonstration of your working prototype using a short 5-10 mins video on DeakinAir or YouTube (provide a link in your report).
• Code for the prototype in an appendix to the report (not included in the 2-page limit), or provide a link to an external site such as GitHub or similar.
• Submit the report as a PDF to onTrack.
Demonstrate an ability to quickly prototype IoT Applications.
程序代写 CS代考 加微信: cscodehelp QQ: 2235208643 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org